Call to Order and Roll Call
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Eugene Fried followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag. Township Supervisors in attendance were Dorothy Diehl, Richard Fain, Eugene Fried and Ben Fiorito. Also in attendance were Joseph Bresnan, Township Solicitor, John Weber, Township Engineer, Thomas Latshaw, Road Foreman and Stanley Seitzinger, Jr., Township Manager.
Bill Fenley, Parks and Recreation Committee, reported upon the completion of the red trail markers installation at the Mill Hill Preservation Area.
Evan Ross, Palm Tavern, inquired about whether Upper Hanover Township would consider the installation of a crosswalk and warning signs on PA Route 29. The Board of Supervisors indicated that PA Route 29 is owned and maintained by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and that Mr. Ross should contact PennDot directly regarding the matter.
2019 Meeting Dates and Times
The Board of Supervisors agreed to hold 2019 meeting dates with the same schedule and time as was in place in 2018
Appointments Scheduled to Expire
Appointments scheduled to expire were reviewed.
Tree Maintenance Program
Road Foreman Latshaw reported that proposals were solicited from three vendors and that two had responded. Mrs. Diehl moved to award the tree maintenance program to J&J Arbor Care in the amount of $15,000.00. The motion was seconded by Mr. Fried and carried affirmatively.
John Miller & Son Yard/Leaf Waste Agreement
Mr. Fain moved to authorize continuation of the agreement with John Miller & Son for one additional year. The motion was seconded by Mr. Fiorito and carried affirmatively.
Municipal Building Air Quality Testing and Ducts
Manager Seitzinger presented the results of the air testing completed by the PROAC Corporation in the Upper Hanover Township Municipal Building.
The Board of Supervisors recommended the following procedure:
1. It should be determined if a return air duct can be installed in the bookkeeper’s office.
2. Determine whether the Authority Office air intake can be connected via a duct system.
3. The three air handlers should be cleaned following the standards as outlined in the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) Publication “Assessment, Cleaning and Restoration 2016”.
4. Inspect the drain located in the hallway by the Authority Office area air handler.
5. Install a filter system in the attic air handler and periodically replace the filters for all three air handlers.
6. Following the completion of the improvements, conduct an additional air quality test to determine the result.
7. The possible cleaning of ducts will be considered and reviewed at a later date.
53-57 Gravel Pike
The Board of Supervisors reviewed and discussed the ongoing enforcement matter.
Bridge Maintenance and Replacement Recommendations
The Board of Supervisors reviewed and discussed the bridge maintenance and replacement plan as recommended by the Township Engineer.
Mr. Fiorito moved to authorize bidding of the Fennel Road bridge replacement and the 2019 Bridge Maintenance Program. The motion was seconded by Mr. Fain and carried affirmatively.
Review of November 13, 2018 Board of Supervisors Regular Meeting Agenda
The agenda was reviewed.
Mr. Fain moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:37 p.m. The motion was seconded by Mrs. Diehl and carried affirmatively.
Stanley W. Seitzinger, Jr. Township Manager